A New Way to get your Medicines and Appliances
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS Service. It enables us to send your prescription electronically to a pharmacy of your choice.
What does it mean for you?
- If you have a repeat prescription your GP can send it electronically to your chosen Pharmacy for you to collect.
Is this service right for you?
- Yes it is if you have a stable condition and you collect your medicines from the same Pharmacy most of the time.
How do you sign up to use EPS?
- You need to choose which Pharmacy you want us to electronically send your prescription to.
- You will need to tell that Pharmacy that you are nominating them. They will have a form for you to fill in and then they will set you up on their computer system.
Can I change my nomination or cancel it and get a paper prescription?
- Yes you can. If you don't want your prescription sent electronically and we will print you a paper copy. If you want to change or cancel your nomination tell your GP or tell the Pharmacy you wish to change your nomination to.